Rumors, Info, anybody heard anything? So far it looks like 24 or 25 ft with a lifting keel. Anybody have heard anything more?
A friend sent me a picture and this post. I can't seem to post the picture (not URL), but it looks just like my Melges 24 with a window just forward of the mast.
New J/70 Speedster Sails 2012
(Newport, RI)- The J/70 speedster (22.75 feet) is J Boats' first ramp-launchable keelboat - designed to fulfill the growing need for an easy-to-own, high performance one-design that is exciting to sail, stable enough for the family, and built to last. J/70 is sea-trialing fall 2011 with new boat deliveries available in 2012.
- Large comfortable cockpit with open transom
- Deck-stepped carbon mast with single spreaders
- Three sail inventory with masthead A-Sail
- Vertical lifting bulb keel
- Small cabin for storage and personal privacy
- In-cockpit stowage of outboard engine
- Easy to trailer and ramp launch
Be the first to learn more and tell your friends about it. Watch this space- http://www.jboats.com/j70 Or, call your local J Dealer for more J/70 speedster information
Yep, saw it as well. I am definitely interested in it. Was thinking about a j/80 earlier in the year, but decided that it would be a pita to travel with. This boat looks like it could be what I am after.
Does anyone have an idea what the price of the J70 may be?